Saturday, September 26, 2009

Alive ~~~~~ By Me

Stronger than I’ve ever been. So often it felt like the world would end. The ones I love and loved now gone alone I must learn to stand. Lessons taught so harshly it seemed now make me who I am. I have felt weak for too long with my eyes to the ground. Ashamed so often of who I am and the words that would come out of my mouth. No longer do I feel this weakness. The shroud of insecurity and despair was ripped from me leaving me bare for the world to see. But to my surprise no laughter was heard nor a cruel word. As I slowly raised my head I was greeted with kindness and care. A new cover was put around me not one to hide beneath but one to make me see. Confidence I began to feel. My thoughts began to look to the future instead of the past. As this feeling of new found security over took me, I felt a hand placed in mine. No longer did I have to wait to rise for I had done so on my own.
Opening my eyes once again to see the world as never before. I only looked down once to glance at the hand in mine, but no longer was it there. I still felt its warmth and felt its grip as if to let me know I will never be alone. I raised my eyes up to the sky again and let the suns warmth wash upon my face. The corners of my mouth raised in a smile I could not hold back. Breathing in deeply, feeling my lungs fill with air as only one thought was in my mind, the one thought that would stay with me throughout life………I am alive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment